Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy Memorial Day 2010!



Happy Memorial Day Friends!! I hope you all spent lots of time with family and remembering the true meaning of the special holiday!

Scott and I decided to get out and visit with his Mom and Step-Dad! They live in Jemison, which isn't far from Clanton, which isn't far from the..


We decided to load up and go get some...

..peach ice cream...

...peach turnovers..

...peaches and strawberries too! And I never can visit Scott's family without getting a bag full of his step-dad's Boiled Peanuts! DELICIOUS!!! (I wonder if you can have boiled peanuts at a wedding reception....)

We had a great time visiting with Scott's family and Scott even enjoyed getting to see a bus full of Tennessee Titan's cheerleaders on their way back from a camp..

(I opted not to look like a complete weirdo and snap pictures of these girls. I mean, the little redneck boys throwing stuff at them were traumatizing enough, I'm sure!)

We picked up Miss Haley and started to grill out!
Scott did an excellent job manning the grill!

We ate hamburgers, grilled corn..
..mixed fruit..

..and Parmesan new potatoes!

I think it was a success! Scott was so impressed with his grilling skills that he told me we are eating something grilled tonight and tomorrow! Woohoo! FINALLY!

And who doesn't finish up any good holiday without.....

..a holistic ear wax candle!!

Scott has wanted to try this because he heard from some other people how the treatment really helps! Haley was really amused...she kept saying, "I can't wait to see Daddy burn his ear!" 


I was really concerned about catching the couch on fire! It wasn't as exhilarating as I thought it would be, but entertainment, none-the-less!


1 comment: