Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Mother's Day! (a few days late..!)

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!! I'm a few days late, mostly because the weekend was crazy and I didn't have my photo cord to upload my picture!

We had a wonderful Sunday celebrating with my mom and my sister! My mom, being ever so thoughtful, didn't want to go fight the restaurants and she wanted the kids to be able to run around, so we got take out and went back to her house. We had a great time talking, watching the kids, eating, and opening gifts.

This year, my sister and mom were so sweet to include me in their Mother's Day festivities as the role of "step-mom". They both wrote me the sweetest cards encouraging me in my new endeavor and even gave me a few gifts! My favorite gift was a hand-me-down handkerchief of my grandmothers so I could use it for the wedding! It's absolutely beautiful and means the world to me! I also received a text from my best friend Nicki saying, "Happy Evil Step-Mother Day!"...she truly gets me!

We finished up our visit by taking my mom to get ice cream! Can you tell we are all related?



I think we all agreed that it was one of the best Mother's Days we have had together that we could remember!

I am so thankful to have such a wonderful mother. She is truly the most thoughtful, hard-working woman I know. To me, she truly is a Proverbs 31 type of woman. She is always wanting to serve her family through her talents and is always around to give good motherly advice. I always seek her opinions in most everything I do - I wholeheartedly trust her and value her opinion in every aspect of my life. She is a example to both me and my sister in her Christian walk and is a God-fearing woman. My mother sacrificed a lot to raise both me and my sister and it is something that I will never be able to repay her. My hope is that I can take what she has given me in wisdom and through opportunities she helped me to obtain and excel in my career, become a Godly wife, and become the type of mother that would honor her.

I am also so lucky to have a great Mother-in-Law to be! She is truly an encourager to me and always is there to support me and be a listening ear! Many girls aren't as fortunate to have mother-in-laws that they enjoy being around, but God blessed me with one who I love dearly, is great to be around, and who supports Scott and I in so many ways!

Happy Mother's Day to my amazing Mom, my wonderful Mother-in-Law, my sweet sister, and my great sister-in-law to be! You all are amazing examples of what it takes to be great mothers and I appreciate each of your support as I embark on my own journey of motherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment