Although Scott and I do not have any children together yet, we've talked a lot about the names we would like:
Boy: Stryker Allen?, James?, William?
Scott and I talked about using Stryker as a name last fall. I remember at Christmas I was able to tell my Dad that Scott and I had decided on Stryker and he was so excited! Now that my Dad is no longer with us, the name is even more special and a definite. We've played around with the idea of different middle names. Allen is Scott's middle name, James are both of my grandfathers' names, and William is Scott's grandfather's name. Scott said he couldn't decide, but he wanted something "strong" with the name.
Girl: Ava Denise?
This name just came to me this past weekend. I was at my nephew's t-ball game and there is a little girl on his team named Ava. They called her name to come to bat and it just hit me that I loved it! Scott actually wanted to name Haley that to begin with! Denise is a possibility because it's my Mom's middle name.
-----------------
Since I don't have children of my own yet, I'm always wondering what features of mine and of Scott's they will have. For fun, I found a site that will merge faces. Based on the picture below, I may consider adopting!
What a fun first "Show Us Your Life" Friday! I'm looking forward to next week - favorite books/children's books! Looking forward to seeing all of yours!



You make me laugh! I love both names!! I love Stryker Allen. Probably because I used Allen for Braxton's middle name. Allen is Chris' middle name. Anyways...you are great!
ReplyDeleteYes, I like Allen the most too! Scott's family has a thing with using "A"s as a middle name! So, maybe we could continue it!
ReplyDeleteHow about using your Dad's name? I think it would be very fitting. Stryker Allen sounds good. James and William don't sound as strong with it. Love Ava Denise btw.
ReplyDeleteZoerhenne - Thank you for visiting and commenting! I hope you will continue to follow me! Stryker is my maiden name and what my Dad was called by all of his buddies. There is no one to carry the family name on now, so I thought Stryker would be a neat way to carry that on and his memory. It's kind of bold, but hopefully if I have a boy, it'll fit him well! :)I'm really big into using family names! And, the more I think about Ava Denise, the more I love it! :)
ReplyDelete