Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bottega Cafe - 2 Thumbs Up!

Saturday evening, Scott and I were in the mood to try something different and possibly sit outside. So, I hit Google and found a list of places you could eat outside! I had never been to Bottega or Bottega Cafe, so we were excited to venture that way for an early dinner!

We didn't opt to eat outside ( I think because the inside was so pretty!)



I don't eat any seafood, so the menu options are usually fairly limited at nice restaurants! But, we lucked up on this appetizer!
Homemade chips with a charred onion dip! YUM! If you like Barber's French Onion Dip, you'll love this!! (I hate to compare Bottega to Barber's, very different but both good in their own respects!)

I have to be honest, I looked the menu up before I came and knew we HAD to come when I saw this on the menu...
Cafe Macaroni & Cheese with a salad! YES PLEASE! The pasta was penne with three cheeses! The salad was simply greens tossed in their vinaigrette! DID THEY CREATE THIS FOR ME? I could go back everyday and eat this!! AWESOME!

Scott will eat just about anything, so he opted for...
The Pork cutlet sandwich. This came with a "green tomato mostarda, arugula, and caramelized onion". It came with some more of the delicious homemade chips!! I took a bite and loved the pork!

Scott and I NORMALLY do not get dessert (unless he is stalling trying to propose to me!)... but we couldn't pass up dessert after how great everything else was.

Strawberry Cake - featuring Alabama grown strawberries! AWESOME! The sauce was to die for! Scott and I had NO trouble finishing that off!

We were also very impressed with the price! I would have thought with an appetizer, two entrees, and dessert, we would have racked up a ticket. But, all that was $41! I think that's just about as expensive as Zaxby's!

Click here to learn more about Bottega and Bottega Cafe! I am so glad we ventured out and tried something new! We cannot wait to go back again!


1 comment: